The growth of modern business relies heavily upon Online Branding. The first place that any consumer goes to look for information on a product or service is the Internet. If your brand doesn’t have a presence there, you might as well shut up shop and head home! You need to build a brand that resonates with your customers to keep them coming back. So, if you want your business to grow - my advice is grow your brand online!
So, What is Online Branding?
Online Branding is developing a strategy to market to your target audience using the Internet and promoting your company brand online. This can be done a variety of ways including using Social Media, online advertising, SEO or a website.
Why is Online Branding so Important?
Your company's online brand can be thought of as your reputation online. If your website is outdated or no longer reflects who you are, then it’s time to rebrand. Just ask yourself some simple questions:
- Does our website tell our customers who we really are and what we offer?
- Are all of our online channels consistent?
- Is our web presence up to date and offering our customers what they want?
If the answer is ‘no’ to any of these questions, it’s time to make a change.
So, Where to begin?
- Research your audience To build your brand online, you must first have a clear understanding of who your audience is. This is a must before you begin creating content strategies and communication plans. Search for blogs, industry forums and LinkedIn groups that deal with issues your prospective clients care about.
- Decide on a branding strategy Based on your research, determine what your audience wants to hear and what message you want to put forward. This will form the basis for your brand’s voice.
- Be consistent Make your online branding consistent with offline branding efforts. Design elements such as logos, colors and content should remain uniform across all on and offline marketing.
- Make yourself useful Become a part of the online community by setting up a LinkedIn Group, engage in discussions and make announcements. Become the person others go to for advice and to solve problems. Answer any questions that get put out there. This will help you establish visibility and a reputation that reflects your brand.
Clear consistent and visible online branding which speaks to your target audience is essential to the success of your business today. Ensure that your brand is instantly recognisable on all online platforms and is consistent with your offline brand.